20TH July 2011
LETTER OF REFERRAL – BIONI
Over the past three years Diageo Global Supply has used Bioni coatings in our Brewing and Manufacturing facilities throughout the UK and Ireland.
We have chosen Bioni as our preferred supplier for the following reasons;
- Their technical expertise and support surpasses any of the other coating suppliers we have worked with. What particularly impresses us is the effort they have taken to understand the environmental conditions under which their products need to perform, their technical advice and guidance on preparation of surfaces and application of product to ensure optimum performance and the provision of products to meet site specific requirements.
- All the products used to date have met the performance criteria claimed by Bioni. One of the main reasons we chose Bioni coatings was its hygienic attributes. As part of the Diageo acceptance trials, in-house microbiological testing was carried out on comparable areas coated with Bioni product and other hygienic coatings. Results from the areas coated with Bioni product demonstrated a significant reduction in both TVCs and Mold Spores with Bioni outperforming all others.
- Additional advantages from the use of Bioni coatings have included;
* A reduction in mold spores in the atmosphere resulting in cleaner air
* A reduction in effluent COD loading.
- The longevity of Bioni coatings has resulted in a good return on our initial investment and has proven to be more cost effective then other hygienic coatings we have used in the past.
On this basis we have no hesitation in recommending Bioni and its products to other Companies within the Food & Drinks Industry who are looking for Hygienic, cost effective wall coatings for their operations.
Who is Diageo?
Diageo’s brands make them who they are and Diageo is proud to produce some of the world?s leading brands across total beverage alcohol – spirits, beer and wine. Be it origin, blend or perfect serve each of our brands is famous in its own way. Many have been a favorite choice for centuries, while some are younger additions to our collection.
Every day, everywhere customers and consumers can rely on Diageo to help them celebrate life, and our people are passionate about their legacy – today and tomorrow. Please explore more about our brands in this section, and in the Brand Finder where you can find a comprehensive (but not exhaustive) list of our brands.
The Diageo brand range includes 17 of the top 100 premium distilled spirits brands worldwide (2010), and eight of the top 20 premium spirits brands. The heritage and strong characteristics across our collection of spirits earn us our place as the world?s leading premium drinks business. We take our role as custodians of these brands very seriously and with our world-class consumer insights, commitment to outstanding marketing and continued investment in our product we will continue to nurture some of the world?s best loved brands.
Our beer brands accounted for approximately 22 per cent of net sales in our last financial year. Our collection includes the only global stout brand – our much adored Guinness, which recently celebrated the 250th anniversary of signing of lease on St James’s Gate Brewery, Dublin. We produce several other styles of beer including the famous Jamaican lager Red Stripe, Ireland’s Kilkenny red ales and Senator Keg in Africa. Over recent years we have launched some fantastic innovations across the sector such as Foundry cider in South Africa. Our innovations also include pioneering technologies to deliver the perfect brand experience for our customers and consumers…. such as the first ‘widget’ beer, Guinness Draught in cans which won the Queen’s award for Technology Achievement.
Diageo’s wine brands represent approximately six per cent of our net sales. We produce a range of both new world and old world wines including Sterling Vineyards, Rosenblum Cellars and Beaulieu Vineyard. In addition to our own wines, Diageo’s wine merchants – such as Britain’s Justerini & Brooks – continue centuries of tradition by offering exclusive wine imports to restaurants, hotels and private clients.